Lump on Side of Nose After Revision Rhinoplasty. Is It Swelling or Cartilage Shifting Due to Trauma?

4 weeks ago i had my second revision rhinoplasty and a septoplasty. I have a lump running down the side of my nose. The night before i was to have my splint taken off i bumped my nose shifting my pillows on the exact area i now have the lump. The lump is very obvious and feels squishy/moderate firm and completely different from the overall swelling thats very firm and even throughout the rest of my nose. Did i mess up the cartilage on that side by bumping it or might it only be swelling?

Lump on side of nose after revision rhinoplasty

+1

In general, you will still be experiencing swelling 4 weeks after surgery. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first three months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result. Swelling can be influenced by the following: Thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was a revision, whether the procedure was open or closed, and whether or not tip work was performed. Given your procedure was a revision, you will have a bit more swelling. Bumping your nose in the middle of the night should not have an effect on your outcome, as long as there was no significant force. It is difficult to provide you with advice without seeing photos and/or performing an exam. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she can look at your nose in person and make sure everything is ok. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/

Lump After Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It's very possible that what you're experiencing is swelling because you're so early on in the recovery process. In some cases, swelling can last up to two years. If you did bump your nose, I recommend that you see your surgeon immediately to make sure your results were not compromised.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastynet.com/rhinoplasty-revision.html

Lump on side of nose

+1

I think that the lump needs to be investigated. Best for you to be examined in person to make sure everything is ok.