Lump on Right Nostril

About 7 years ago I made the bad decision to get a nose piercing. It got infected, and now there is a section of hard scar tissue inside my nostril causing a very visible bump that has deformed my nose. Is there anything that can be done to correct this? Will surgery be necessary? It hurts in cold temperatures, and appears to be getting worse with time, not better.

Agree with Dr. Wasserman

+1

I agree with Dr. Wasserman. It is difficult to see your photo and I can not enlarge it for some reason. YOu should have a dermatologist look at it. It is most likely a keloid and they can diagnose that and treat it but first will make sure that nothing else is going on. 

Web reference: http://brookwooddermatology.com

Birmingham Dermatologist

See a dermatologist for changing lesions on the nose.

+1

I would strongly recommend that you see a dermatologist for any changing lesion on the skin.  Since you describe a change in its growth and symptoms, it should be medically evaluated.  Once you have had the cause of the changes and the thickness evaluated, then a decision for treatment can be made.

Naples Dermatologic Surgeon