Lump/indentation After Breast Implants

I have a lump just below the nipple. My implants are on top of the muscle. When I lay down you can see like an indention. Should I be concerned?

Lump/indentation After Breast Implants

More often than not this is due to attachment of the scar to the muscle. This can be diagnosed by ocntracting your muscle and watching the dimple become worse.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Indentation with implants

A lump or bump that you feel with subglandular implants can be alot of different things fromthe implants to a mass  or scar tissue. Have  a surgeon evaluate it.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Abnormal contour after breast implants can be corrected.

It does not sound like what you are describing after breast augmentation is anything dangerous.  It is just a deformity.  Ignore it if it is minor.  If you find that you really dislike the look, I am sure it can be revised.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Post Breast Augmentation Deformities - Should You Worry

This is very difficult to determine with the information you provided in your question.  A photo would be very helpful to determine what the problem is, how long ago did you have your surgery and where was the incision to insert the implant?  

Any new breast mass should be evaluated by a trained professional and I would recommend contacting your surgeon to be evaluated in person.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD

1431 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014