Lump Near Nipple Area and Discomfort in Left Breast (5 Years Post-op)

I had a bilateral lift with silicone mentor implants in 2005(under the muscle).I've had no complaints,until a couple of months ago I've started to notice a dull,sometimes sharp pain in my left breast.I thought it was due to doing too many reps/weights at the gym? However,3 days ago I noticed a lump in my left breast near my nipple area.It's smooth and moveable. I also notice some discomfort when laying down and bending over with my implants. Gp Thinks Its a Cyst or Fibroid??

Breast lump

+1

I would definitely recommend a biopsy even though the mammograms and other tests and opinions are that it may be benign. I sually perform breast biopsies for lumps on patients that have had breast implants. Better to be safe.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

New lump in breast - Do not ignore

+1

Any new lump in a breast, particularly if it is symptomatic (ie painful), should be investigated via mammography and/or ultrasound. The obvious concern is for a possible breast cancer. With breast cancer incidence at 1 in 8 women, these findings in the breast should be evaluated by imaging and a breast surgeon. It is possible to have lumps from benign processes, however cancer should be ruled out first and foremost.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lump post aug

+1

The fact that this is smooth and freely move able indicates it probably is a benign process.I assume your mammos have been negative.It is something you can watch to see if it grows.It would be very easy to remove as an outpatient under local.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

New Lump after Breast Augmentation

+1

This lump in your breast is a new finding and needs investing.  The first step is a mammogram.  There may be a need for an ultrasound.  If surgery is warranted for the lump then a general surgeon should perform the biopsy. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

New painful mass of breast

+1

In all likelihood it is a cyst or fibroid. A mammogram and/or high resolution ultrasound would better answer this question. An aspiration and or biopsy may be advised under the recommendation of a surgeon.Generally speaking a painful mass is less concerning than a painless mass.

All Breast Lumps Should Be Investigated

+1

Although I am unfamiliar with the Canadian health care system, I feel that you should have at least an ultrasound study performed.  This should be helpful in determining whether the mass is solid or cystic and also whether or not there is a connection with your implant.  If that study is equivocal, then you may need a mammagram or exploration.  You should involve your plastic surgeon sooner rather than later.

John Whitt, MD