Lump Four Months After Tummy Tuck (photo)

I had a extended tummy tuck and liposuction just over four months ago,the swelling had pretty much subsided, however a few days ago I noticed a lump on the left side of my tummy, running longways just over from from my belly button. I have also noticed a feeling of tightness and pulling, much like I had in the earlier days however I have not felt this kind of tugging for some time. I am a little numb still around the insicion, and that comes and goes but the lump is new, should I be concerned?

Lump: pulled muscle?

+2

One thing I have seen once patients get back into exercising and/or increased activity after tummy tuck is a pulled rectus muscle. As you are feeling a tightness and pulling in the area, and are fairly thin (making it more likely you can see it from the outside), you may have overdone it and have a pulled muscle. It is important to have your surgeon look at it and make sure nothing else is going on, as others have suggested.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Lump in abdomen

+2

The lump that you are feeling could be a fluid filled cavity like a seroma or fat necrosis or scar tissue to  name a few.  An exam would be helpful.

Lump Four Months After Tummy Tuck

+2

Thanks for the posted photos. It appears as if you had a full tummy tuck, extended. This "lump" could be scar tissue, seroma formation. Best to see your surgeon ASAP to examine you and diagnose.