Lump Found on Incision After Upper Blepharoplasty (Double Eyelid), Should I Worry? (photo)

I did upper blepharoplasty on 6 Oct 2011, and 2 weeks ago, i found a lump about 2-3mm on the incision. There seems to be a black thing on it as well. When i touch the lump, i feel a sharp pain. Is it normal? What should i do?

Eyelid incision

+1

Thank you for your email and photos.  It looks like there may be a stitch where you have indicated.  Your surgeon can examine the area and give you some options.

Best Wishes!

Post op Blepharoplasty with a small bump on incision

+1

First of all, call your surgeon and schedule an appointment.

From your description and photograph, it may represent a  small suture used to make the eyelid fold during.  

Don't rub on it and talk to your surgeon, but usually these sutures can become less and less prominent or tender to touch.

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon