I Have a Lump in my Armpit, What is it? (photo)

I am now 17 years old, about a year or two ago, i had a large cyst in my right breast. when i went into the doctor, and i was getting my breasts examined, they told me i had another lump on the other side. The same side i now have a lump in my armpit. and considering they never checked the left side, and lymph nodes extend into the armpit, should i be worried?

Lumps in armpits

+1

are not 'normal' and by the consensus of posters, I hope you have scheduled an appointment with your local physician to have it evaluated.

Lump in the Armpit

+1

A lump in the armpit can be many things, including breast tissue, a cyst, an enlarged lymph node, among other things.  At the age of 17 most causes would be innocent but it is a good idea to check it with your doctor.

Web reference: Https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Small mass in the axillla

+1

Difficult to diagnose your problem from your description and photographs.  You should be examined by your medical physician.  This could be a cyst or lipoma but hard to tell for certian without an examination.  

+1

Over the internet we can not diagnose! Best to seek immediate examination from a doctor to determine exactly what this is!!! 

I have something wrong, what should I do?

+1

Keep in mind that this forum is not for medical advice. I would recommend you see your family physician. Looks like you may be developing an infection. Without an exam this cannot be construed as medical advice, however. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I Have a Lump in my Armpit, What is it?

+1

Although difficult to evaluate, I think that there is some redness associated with the “lump”. This  suggests the possibility of an infection associated with the lesion. Therefore, best to be seen by your physician soon;  it may be that a course of antibiotics will be indicated.  Physical examination will be necessary to make an accurate diagnosis;  excision may become necessary at some point.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/

I Have a Lump in my Armpit, What is it?

+1

In only one of the photos is the area in question in focus, and this looks like a lipoma (benign fatty tumor) or a skin based cyst. It does not appear to be in the axilla itself. Although almost certainly benign it should be evaluated by your doctor.  

All the best. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.