Lump on Bridge. What Are my Options to Correct?

the lump is located on right side of bridge. profile view on both sides are perfect. the bump is where bone and cartilage meet and i can push it down but it is very localized so im not too sure its swelling. its slight but enough to bother me. i am 15 weeks post op. assuming this isnt related to swelling would it be fairly minor to correct? is bone easier than cartilage to correct? left side and tip of nose are perfect, its only the right side wall thats bothering me.

Lump On Nasal Bridge 4 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Marmar,

Based on your description, it is hard to tell if the lump is because of the swelling or the beginning of tissue scarring.

I recommend that you consult with your surgeon who knows the full details of your surgery and can physically examine you to determine the nature of the lump; if it were to be the beginning of tissue scarring formation, corticosteroid injections may be an option to remedy the situation but if it were to be of a swelling origin then time will take its course and mother nature will take care of the situation.

Please bear in mind that the end-results of a rhinoplasty take about 12 months to get established.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Lumpy Bridge

+1

Sure, discuss these issues with your surgeon and see if this is a "matter of time" or if there are other non-surgical therapies that could help the situation.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Swelling

+1

Dear Marmar, I believe your question was posted two times by error so I will answer both of them for you. You are to soon in the recovery phase to determine your results and asymmetry is common during this stage. Fifteen weeks post surgery is to soon to be discussing Revision Rhinoplasty. See your surgeon for frequent follow up appointments this will help you have some peace of mind during this recovery period. It takes an entire year for all of the swelling from Rhinoplasty to fully dissipate and at this time you can determine your needs. In the interim discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he/she may help set your mind at ease. Best regards and quick healing! Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD