Could the Lump After Smart Lipo Be Expanding to Rib Area?

I had Smart Lipo (upper & lower abs) 5.5 weeks ago. 2 wks after surgery, I started noticing a lump to the left of my belly button. Since the swelling is going down, I notice the lump more and more. It feels like a golf ball in there. I have gone for 2 lymph drainage massages and massage at home and doesn't help. Today I noticed my left rib is sticking out more than the right and is tender underneath. I have called the place I got the surgery and they will not return my calls.

Swelling could be seroma

+1

Swelling, and some lumpiness/ uneveness is normal but the fluctuation should lessen over 6-9 months. You should be noticing less swelling over time not more. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are on course.

Lump after liposuction

+1

Lumps noted after liposuction, could be residual fat that wasn't suctioned out as well as the rest of the areas, it could be a fluid collection such as blood (hematoma), a collection of lymphatic fluid or serum, or even a cyst.  It might be a hernia as well.  You should be seen by your surgeon.  Make sure that the surgeon is getting your message. If you don't get a response then you must see a new surgeon to be evaluated in-person. The doctor should also examine the rib to determine why it might be more prominent.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Get a CAT scan, MRI or ultrasound to identify mass

+1

It could be fluid or tissue from the Smartlipo but it seems that a CAT scan or MRI, or ultrasound is indicated to identify this abdominal mass.