Lump After Laser Blepharoplasty

Almost 3 weeks ago, I had lower Blepharoplasty surgery with laser. Only had fat pads removed and love the result. However, now that most of the swelling has gone, I can feel and see a lump in my lower left eyelid. The lump is from the inside but is noticable on the outside. I imagine it might be scar tissue from the incision. It is the size of a rice grain and feels a little bruised. Will this go away? If not, can it be rectified and how? Is this common? Thank you.

3 weeks is very early from surgery.

+2

Dear DF

It is great to hear that you are very happy with your eyelid surgery. Many issues that are apparent after surgery have an amazing way of settling down with time. What you are describing may actually be a little more evident over the next few weeks and then begin to settle down.

However, I recommend that you talk with your surgeon at your next visit and get their opinion. This way they can follow the issue and monitor its resolution.

Lump after laser lower blepharoplasty may be a granuloma

+1

Laser blepharoplasty on the lower lid where only fat is removed in done from an incision on the conjunctiva behind the eyelids. If the lump appears round and fleshy, it may be a pyogenic granuloma which is a big term for a special kind of healing tissue. This can be easily removed in the office with minimal discomfort and tends not to recur. Patients who have this condition tend to complain of a thick discharge. The thing to do is to see your surgeon so he can take a look.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon