Is LumiSlim Like CoolSculpting?

I came across a fat reduction device in Australia called LumiSlim. I've done a lot of research on CoolSculpting and I'm wondering if this is similar?

"LumiSlim is a low level laser technology scientifically proven to shrink stubborn deposits of fat found in cell membranes. The intracellular fat is then released into the lymphatic system. These fatty triglycerides pass through the body's natural metabolic functions."

Laser fat shrinkage may not kill the fat cells; coolsculpting can provide long term fat reduction

+1

the mechanisms of operation are very different with coolsculpting and laser, radiofrequency or ultrasonic energy devices. CoolSculpting is FDA cleared in the U.S. for fat reduction of the abdomen and love handles and shows 20% reduction in volume of the fat with one treatment as the fat cells are known to die as a response to the freezing.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Lumislim is not Coolsculpting

+1

Coolsculpting is the only form of FDA approved cryolipolysis , ie the use of cold temperatures to kill fat cells. It works well and consistently in appropriately selected patients. The use of laser is completely different.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon