Is LumiSlim Like CoolSculpting?

I came across a fat reduction device in Australia called LumiSlim. I've done a lot of research on CoolSculpting and I'm wondering if this is similar?

"LumiSlim is a low level laser technology scientifically proven to shrink stubborn deposits of fat found in cell membranes. The intracellular fat is then released into the lymphatic system. These fatty triglycerides pass through the body's natural metabolic functions."

LumiSlim vs. CoolSculpting

+1
There are a number of imitators to coolsculpting due the efficacy, safety, and popularity of coolsculpting However, coolsculpting does not have a competitor or equivalent where it comes to efficacy and safety from either the patient or the physician perspective.

Not aware of Lumislim

+1
Coolsculpting is FDA approved for permanent fat loss!  I would be very careful with other devices.  If they are not approved or are from other countries you have to be extremely careful.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including CoolSculpting® tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Laser fat shrinkage may not kill the fat cells; coolsculpting can provide long term fat reduction

+1

the mechanisms of operation are very different with coolsculpting and laser, radiofrequency or ultrasonic energy devices. CoolSculpting is FDA cleared in the U.S. for fat reduction of the abdomen and love handles and shows 20% reduction in volume of the fat with one treatment as the fat cells are known to die as a response to the freezing.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lumislim is not Coolsculpting

+1

Coolsculpting is the only form of FDA approved cryolipolysis , ie the use of cold temperatures to kill fat cells. It works well and consistently in appropriately selected patients. The use of laser is completely different.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon