I Just Had Lumineers Put In, but Do Not Know How Often I Am Suppose to Take out?

When do I take them out to clean them?

Not Lumineers

+1

You Probably do not have lumineers as those are not removable but you probably have something called Snap On Smile. Which is a low cost alternative to veneers. They are what we call "Party Teeth". They are used for Socializing and should not be used to sleep or eat in them. So You should clean your teeth before and after wearing them. 

Ridgewood Cosmetic Dentist

Can't take Lumineers Off!

+1

I am assuming your Lumineers were bonded on.

SO...agressively brush and floss these, just

as you do all of your teeth.

Marcus Whitmore, DDS

Dallas, TX

Marcus Whitmore, DDS
Plano Cosmetic Dentist

Lumineers are not removable

+1

If you mean take them out to clean, as in nightly like dentures, then you did not get Lumineers®.  Lumineers are bonded in place and can only be cut off.  

If you mean how often would you need to replace them (cut them off and get new ones), then that is up to you.  If over time they appear chipped, worn or discolored, then consider replacing.  They SHOULD last many years, 5-10 being reasonable but often MUCH longer.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Take out Lumineers?

+1

Lumineers are bonded to the teeth and are not removable.  You should clean them with brush and floss like normal teeth. 

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Lumineers works for a long time .

+1

Lumineers are the non-prep veneers and mostly the tooth enamel in intact at bonding the veneers to the tooth. if there is Nil leakage under the veneer and no gap between the tooth and restoration, Lumineers works for at least 10 to 15 years, You do not need to change them unless you get  the gum recession or the veneer chipped.

Bruce Vafa, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Porcelain Veneers: Minimal prep porcelain veneers

+1

If you had Lumineers placed, then you do not remove them.  Lumineer is a type of porcelain veneer that is a non-prep veneer and is bonded into place.  If correctly placed then you should be able to brush and floss like your natural teeth.  If you cannot, then call your dentist and make sure that they are finished properly so that you can keep them clean and healthy.  I hope this helps.

Ronald W. Konig DDS, FAGD, LVIF

Houston Cosmetic Dentistry

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist