Would Lumineers for my buck tooth smile affect the Way I Talk?

How often do patients experience speech difficulties when lumineers are used for de-emphasizing buck teeth?

Lumineers

+1

I wish I could tell you this was a simple  solution.  Unfortunately, Lumineers are totally contraindicated in your situation.  Lumineers should only be used when the teeth are small or tipped in towards the tongue.  By the way, there are much more esthetic porcelains that can achieve much better results than Lumineers.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

It will make things worse!

+1

You have two choices:

1. Orthodontics or Invisalign before veneers
  2. Porcelain veneers with substantial reduction of the teeth

Either way stay away from Lumineers!

Any minor change in your speech that develops will correct itself over time.

Joseph W. Worthington, DDS
Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers for buck teeth

+1

Thanks for your question. The best treatment is usually the most conservative treatment. For protruded front teeth, the most conservative approach is usually orthodontics (traditional braces or Invisalign). If that is not practical for you, aggressive veneers may help. Anytime the incisal edge is changed, there is usually a speech adjustment that needs to occur and should not be a problem. 

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Lumineers for buck teeth

+1

I would not do lumineers to correct a buck tooth.  Without reshaping or contouring your existing tooth, your buck smile will be even more buck.   Do a traditional veneer and have your teeth contoured.

David S. Frey, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist