Comparison Of Percentage For Lumigan/Latisse?

Is Latisse effective in .001% strength for eyelash growth? My eye dr. gave me a free bottle of Lumigan, but it's .001% and I am seeing that the usual strength for eyelashes is .003%. Thanks.

Lumigan vs. Latisse

+1

Did your physician give you this free sample of Lumigan for your eyelashes, or was it given to you to treat glaucoma? Latisse is only FDA approved for eyelash treatment at 0.03%. Also, Lumigan doesn't normally come with the correct brushes to apply it like Latisse. Are you dropping it in your eyes, or applying it with another brush. While the two products are similar, they are NOT interchangeable.

Latisse only comes as a 0.03% solution

+1

At present, Latisse is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes and Latisse is only available as a 0.03% solution. Since all of the studies showing its effectiveness at growing eyelashes were done using the 0.03% strength, I recommend you not substitute a weaker solution.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon