Lumigan with No Improvement After 8 Weeks of Use

Hello, I thought improvements would come gradually - but perhaps it just happen all of a sudden!? I have been using Lumigan every night for 7 weeks and see absolutely... nothing...:/ Does this product really work for everybody and me being the unlucky one? Thanks if anyone has knowledge! Maria

Lumigan or Latisse for Eyelashes

+1

You may not be using your medication correctly. Lumigan is an anti glaucoma medication and is meant to be used as an eye drop. Latisse is the same medication as Lumigan (Bimitoprost) which is a prescription-only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Latisse is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with product. Latisse is gently applied along the base of the upper eyelashes. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes. On a side note, Latisse can also be used to enhance the growth of your eyebrows.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Growth of Lashes with Lumigan

+1

Lumigan is the antiglaucoma medication and ingredient in Latisse and the method of administration is different.  The eyedrop is not placed at the base of eyelashes.  Additionally, in the clinical trials, the effect of Latisse was observed between 4 to 16 weeks.  Be patient as there can be differences observed between people.

Sandy Feldman, MD
San Diego Ophthalmologist

Lumigan after 8 weeks of use.

+1

Lumigan is the actual anti-glaucoma medication which was found to have a side effect of lash growth leading to Latisse. Your minimal effect may be due to the way you are using the medication - drop on the eye like the glaucoma indication or applying it to the base of the lashes with a brush. Although Latisse and Lumigan are essentially the same drug application and formulation may effect its use. Finally there are non responders, although in my experience, I take close-up pretreatment photos and the do see improvements in almost all patients, albeit some less dramatic.

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD
Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon