Can I Have a Necklift After Disappointing Results w/ Lifestyle Lift and Lower Facelift?

I Had a LSL Done 4 Years Ago. It Turned out Awful. I Sought Additional Help. And had to do another lower facelift procedure to fix the LSL scars, etc. Less then 3 years later I have the loose skin reappearing in my neck area. I spent over $20,000. I asked the surgeon who "fixed" the LSL procedure if I was a good candidate for the under the chin incision, neck muscle procedure. He said no. But now I think that was the way to go here. I am only 46 and I did not need a facelift. I only wanted my neck tightened. Can I have that done soon? How long should one wait?

Correction of poor LSL outcome

+2
Whenever I look at a patient who comes in complaining of poor results from a prior surgery, I tell them to keep one thing in mind. Once someone has operated on an area, it is more difficult to predict the outcome. A good examination and plan with the revision surgeon will allow for the best possible outcome.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, revisional surgery is the answer

+1

Yes, revisional surgery is the answer.  Unfortunately I see many patients in your situation.  You need to wait 12 months after surgery to do a revision, so you are OK on timing.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

True neck rejuvenation requires dedicated neck work

+1

Based on your description, I suspect a necklift - with platysmal muscle tightening - is your best option. While tightening the neck secondarily via tightening the sides of the face works sometimes, I find the results temporary and unimpressive compared to directly treating the neck by muscle tightening under the chin and skin removal behind the ears.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a neck lift after LSL and lower facelift?

+1

I would have to examine you to give you my opinion on whether or not you are a candidate for surgery.  These mini-facelifts sometimes don't pull you enough or correct the appropriate trajectory.  I would have to trust your plastic surgeon's assessment.  

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Repair after lifestyle lift

+1

I have actually repaired several of these using submental lipo followed by plication of platysma and excision of redundant skin.  I would have to see your photos or you personally to give you better advice.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Facelift after mini-lift

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what your options are.  But, you probably can have some form of revision done.

Facelift After Failed Lifestyle Lift

+1

I am very sorry that you have spent a great deal of money and had an unsatisfactory experience.  Unfortunately, your situation is far from unique.  It is very difficult to give a specific recommendation on how to proceed without an in-person consultation and examination. However, it is imperative that you see an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Some incision placement and scarring issues are very difficult to completely repair, but improvement may be possible.

Based on the history you describe, it sounds as if your neck was never addressed, and perhaps for good reason when your revision was performed.  However, as time goes on, aging changes in the neck progress and your neck is now the aesthetic issue. Rejuvenation of the neck can be accomplished via isolated neck procedures and via Facelift.  Generally, the result is more complete with a Facelift procedure.  Consultation with several experienced Facelift Surgeons will help to determine this.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face and neck lift after failed Lifestyle Lift

+1

It sounds like you may need a full face and neck lift.  By doing a full face lift as well, you are able to remove the extra skin from the neck.  This cannot be removed from under the neck.  Making an incision under the neck allows you to tighten the muscles of the neck in the midline, but the skin is removed from around and behind the ears.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift redo

+1

A number of patients with neck lift only procedures that are not happy need a mini face lift with lateral neck muscle repair.  If you contine to pull on the central neck, stretch relaxation goes on.  The "slinky" continues to be over stretched.  Get the skin redraped and the muscle anchored to slow down gravity and isolated traction bands.

H. Michael Roark, MD

Revision of 2 disappointing Facelift Procedures

+1
I am sorry for your predicament. Unfortunately, the situation you are in is shared by thousands of others who have undergone a procedure which was not designed and could not address the issues they want corrected. Many women mistakenly believe and in some cases are misled into believing that a minor procedure can match the capabilities and produce the results of a more involved operation. This is never the case and in a temptation to shorten a scar and reduce downtimes, women often sacrifice a great result for a sos-so mediocre result one which isoften hard to impossible to correct. This is the situation you find yourself in now. Without a photograph, or more importantly, an examination, it is impossible to ethically advise you on what would be your best option. I would therefore advise you to obtain your medical records (especially operative notes) and see several Plastic surgeons who perform Revision Facelift surgery and choose wisely. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea