Lowering the Tip Without Making it Longer?

Is it possible to lower the tip of the nose without making it longer? It seems that extending it would naturally do that, thus making the nose even larger than it is.... I would like to get my nose dropped without making it larger.

Lowering the Tip

+1

Absolutely the tip can be lowered without making your nose larger.  There is a very fine balance between what you are asking to have done.  It would be prudent to seek out someone that does a great deal rhinoplasty surgery.  You need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who will give you your options and alternatives. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the Nasal Tip Without Making it Longer

+1

The position and appearance of the nose is a balance of many factors.  A great rhinoplasty surgeon knows how to manipulate these factors to accomplish things like lowering the nasal tip without making it longer.  When you seek a consultation, avoid anyone that tells you that this is not possible.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon