Lowering Liposuction Scars? (photo)

I had abdominal liposuction and reduction of gynecomastia. The liposuction scars are about an inch higher than I would like, because my pants sit lower than the scars. Is there any surgical procedure where scars that small can be 'lowered?' Also, I don't like the way the scars look: based on their appearance, is there anything that you think could be done to make them less noticeable?

Improve your scars with massage, silicone and IPL

+2

Unfortunately you cannot move the scars.  They could have been placed in less noticable location at the time of the surgery.  Now that they are where they are, you cannot move them.  The way to make them less conspicuous is to treat them.  Time will help.  Massage 6 times a day.  Use sunsrcreen for the first 6 months after surgey will prevent darkening.  Silicone sheets will decrease the redness and nodular changes.  IPL treatments or vascular laser treatments will reduce the redness and nodularity.  If they remain firm and raised after 6 to 9 monthsof the above treatments - a series of steroid injections will often decrease the raised firm component of the scarring.  I hope it all works out.

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Lowering Liposuction Scars?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. The simple answer is NO. Additional incisions to TRY and lower these minor early maturing scars will only make larger ones. 

Liposuction scars

+1
It would be helpful to know when you had the liposuction. These scars frequently will fade out. The placement of the scars is something that should have been discussed prior to the surgery. "Relocation" of the scars will create additional scarring which I believe will be more extensive and unnecessary.

Robert L. Kraft, MD