Crease Too High After Asian Eyelid Surgery- Can I Use Botox To Lower Eyebrows to Push Down High Upper Eyelid Line?

I had asian eyelid surgery and was left with crease that are too high,asymmetric,w/ hollowness. I found a great ocuplastic surgeon who filled my UL hollowness w/filler, but one eye w/high line still looks bad. High crease is visible unless I keep my eyes open wide so I'm prob using forehead muscle(?) to lift the eyelid. But when I push down on forehead to lower the brow, my UL line becomes lower and looks better. Can I get botox to achieve this effect? I also need my 11's treated. Can i do both?

Agree pictures would be very helpful

+1

I suspect that using the BOTOX to weaken the forehead will create an even more unnatural situation.  The question is do you have upper eyelid ptosis?  This can often be exploited to improve an asian eyelid with a crease that is too high.

Can I Use Botox To Lower Eyebrows to Push Down High Upper Eyelid Line after Asian Eyelid Surgery?

+1

There are surgical options to address "hollowness" and also to correct asymmetries of the creases. If the goal is a temporary fix, filler and neurotoxins are an option. Neurotoxins in the forehead can cause the brows to drop and that can change the look of your eyes and creases. If the brows drop excessively, the eyes can look squinted. Since there is an asymmetry present, the exact amount of neurotoxin necessary to correct the asymmetry needs to be titrated. As stated above, these are off-label uses of fillers and neurotoxins.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after Asian eyelid surgery

+1

Following Asian eyelid surgery, there are several tweaks that can be done to adjust the lines.

For instance, a gentle treatment with Botox or Dysport may be used to relax the lines that are formed by the underlying muscles. Other treatments that could be used would be a gentle laser to tighten the skin but in Asian skin, this is somewhat tricky and may result in hyperpigmentation.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1

Without pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, you may be able to use a combination of fillers and Botox Cosmetic to help reshape your lid/brow junction.  However, please make sure you see an experienced injector since the are off label uses of the products.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox can be used to help create symmetry and balance in the face

+1

Botox can definitely be used to help soften the forehead line and gently lower the brow. Over time it will train you to not raise that brow so much and you'll most likely need fewer treatments to maintain results. You can also treat the "11's" at the same time. Make sure you have a qualified trained physician doing the injections since there is extra "finesse" needed for the results you're looking for. 

Doris Day, MD