Lowering Cost for Combined Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Possible?

I have a Z shaped deviated septum according to the plastic surgeon/ENT and I also am doing Rhinoplasty to remove a hump on my nose. I have no insurance (currently unemployed) and will be paying for both surgeries out-of-pocket.

Is there any way the surgeon can lower the cost of one or the other in this case? I am financing but am short on what I got approved for by maybe $1000. Currently a SAHM and am planning to return to work after recovery preferably. I've been waiting for years for this chance and this is the best time since I'm home. Help!

Combining Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1
The costs of rhinoplasty like the costs most procedures vary significantly among regions and even within a county. The costs are higher in more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles, or in areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons. We currently charge starting at $3500 + MD Anesthesia related costs for rhinoplasty. Rhinoseptoplasty is an additional $2000 + MD Anesthesia related costs. Because you can get quality work for less in South Florida, many patients will come from throughout the country and world to have surgery here.

To ensure quality work at most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. These surgeons must maintain the highest standards to keep accreditation. Moreover, the surgeons are motivated to ensure quality and properly trained staff (to minimize time and frustration in surgery), private and comfortable facilities (to ensure continued referrals), and less waste (to ensure that they can remain competitive financially with other centers).

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Septoplasty and lower cost of rhinoplasty

+1

generally if insurance is going to pay for a septopasty because it is medically indicated this should decreased the out of pockect cost to a patient for a rhinopalsty

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Septorhinoplasty

+1

Septoplasty, an operation that fixes a deviated or crooked septum, is typically covered by insurance.   Rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic and you will ahve to apy out of pocket for that. 

Sometimes, part of the rhinoplasty requires a septoplasty to be performed to aid in straightening the nose or to harvest cartilage.  If that is your situation, you might find the surgeon was going to have to enter the septum anyway, and so may decrease the charge for the septoplasty.  It is a case by case assessment. 

Philip Miller, MD

Cost of combined SMR rhinopasty

+1
The combined procedure will achieve an economy of scale in terms of pricing as it is performed through the same incision. This can be discussed with your plastic surgeon at the time of consultation.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Cost of Rhinoplasty

+1

We always do the septum and rhinoplasty surgery at the same time. Rarely will experienced surgeons bargain over their fees, but ask your physician if he/she can help you. Be careful -- don't make your final decision on the basis of cost.

Combining procedures to lower cost

+1

Both a deviated septum surgery and rhinoplasty surgery can be done at the same time and makes good sense to do so. Any discount for the surgery would need to be discussed with your surgeon. Typically, a deviated septum surgery is done out of medical necessity and is covered by patient’s own medical insurance. The cost of a rhinoplasty is approximately $6,000, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure. Where as the septoplasty is billed to the patient’s insurance.

Cost of Septo-Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Since you have no insurance, reimbursement is not an issue. But doing a Septoplasty at the time of a rhinoplasty definitely makes sense as it adds virtually nothing to the recovery and very little time to the surgery. Because of this, our office rarely charges extra for a Septoplasty done at the same time as a cosmetic rhinoplasty. Just talk with your surgeon, he may be willing to drop the surgical fee for the Septoplasty.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of cosmetic surgery

+1

You best chance s to talk to your PLATIC SURGEON directly.

Another word of caution to you . You essm to have barely enough money to cover your surgical cost. What would you do if there is a complication or an unwanted outcome and need further treatment?

Cost of rhinoplasty should be discussed with your surgeon.

+1

Usually the cost of doing both is already built into the fee for the surgery. You can always ask to see if he can help you out in your particular situation. Don't sacrifice quality for cost.

Rhinoplasty and financing costs

+1

Sorry about your financial situation. Many times surgeons will reduce a fee for a second procedure as routine practice. With your financial constraints, you may want to talk to the doctor or his staff to figure something out for you.