Is It Possible to Lower Your Columella Wih a Cartilage Graft?

I would like for my nose to look more like say, penelope cruz's or priyanka chopra's in siE of the hanging columella. My nose is wide, it also has a slightly retracted columella now. I was wondering is it possible to make it a hanging columella through surgery? I think that hanging volume lad are so beautiful.

Cartilage grafts can lower columella

+1

It is accurate that cartilage grafts can lower columella and correct a retracted columella.  The cartilage may have to come from places other than the nose

+1

Yes, this is called a "plumping graft" which is typically made of gently crushed cartilage placed to fill out the retracted columella.  This can be combined with a Rhinoplasty or done as a separate procedure depending on what else needs to be doen aesthetically to the nose.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Lowering a Columella in Rhinoplasty

+1

The short answer is of course you can lower and completely reshape the columella with grafting. Shaping and balancing the columella and how it flows with your nostrils, nasal tip, and alar rims.  Make sure your surgeon understands this delicate balance by looking closely at his/her before after gallery.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Lower a retracted columella

+1

A retracted columella can be lowered using grafting techniques. You would need to discuss how far down you want the columella to go with your surgeon but it certainly is possible to change.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nose surgery

+1

It could have been easier to address your question about possibility of loweing your coloumella by adding a cartilage graft, had you posted your photo( profile). Adding a cartilage graft to the soft coloumella, in front of the lower part of septum, is certainly one of the most common procedures to address your concern.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Lower the columella?

+1

A rhinoplasty is one of the most personal plastic surgery procedures a patient can have. 

It is important to have a long detailed discussion with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon about what you don't like about your nose and what changes you would like to see. 

Pictures of noses you like can be of great benefit to your surgeon and you should bring those to your consultation. 

There are many options available including lowering the columella though the use of cartilage grafts. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon