Too Much Lower Pole Fullness After Lejour Breast Reduction? (photo)

Hello! I had a Lejour Breast Reduction 3 months ago and although I love the shape, I am concerned about excessive lower pole fullness. My nipple-to-notch measurement is 21 cm on the left, and 20 cm on the right. The measurement from the inframammary crease to nipple is 16 cm on both sides. I know my PS can't do anything until after at least 6 months, but I want to look into my options for revision. What are my options? General or local anesthesia? Recovery time? Thanks so much!!

Revision of Vertical Breast Reduction

+2

I would recommend a crescent excision along the fold to shorten the distance from the areola and crease. 

Dr. ES

Lower pole

+2

The lower pole distance is probably too long and you m ay need a small T-excision at the bottom to remove the excess.  An exam in person is key.

Breast Reduction Revisions

+2

Given the dimensions given, you will probably be interested in a revision once further healing has occurred.Le Jour reductions are appealing because of less scarring,however, the geometry of the eduction is not as good as a wise pattern in a larger breast.Also you may want to think in terms of breast mound and then skin envelope. A more extensive discussion would require a telephone or in person consult.

Kind Regards ,

Cap Lesesne,MD

Cap Lesesne, MD

Concerns after Breast Reduction Surgery…

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Basedon your photograph, I think your concerns are  understandable.  Unfortunately,  this situation is not likely to improve with ongoing time and revisionary surgery may be necessary to improve the “balance” of the breasts  as well as the relative position of the nipple/areola complexes on the breast mounds.

Most likely the type of revision surgery necessary will involve excision of skin and breast tissue along the lower poles of the breasts ( horizontally).  This operation will result in the presence of a horizontal scar ( located in the inframammary fold area).  The nipple/areola complexes will be better centered on the breast mounds ( as opposed to “stargazing”).

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon;  express your questions/concerns in a calm and constructive fashion.

Excessive lower pole fullness

+2

Congratulations on going through with your procedure.  My breast reduction patients are some of the most grateful patients as they all are happy with getting the "weight off of their shoulders!" With the Lejour technique, it has a completely vertical closure, and relies on correct lower pole breast tissue removal and on skin contraction to decrease the length from the inframammary crease to the nipple.  Once the breasts have fully healed it may be possible to excise more of the lower pole skin (which might convert it to the inverted "t" or anchor incision) and repositioning of the inferior breast tissue more superiorly in order to improve the position of the nipples.  Although some of this can be done under a local anesthetic, you might be better off undergoing the procedure with more anesthesia for comfort.  Recovery time should be less than before, but this will depend on what level of revision is done..

Robert Kratschmer, MD

+1

Thanks for the questions and posted photo. You either had a poorly preformed LeJour Reduction or the major risk inherent to this technique. Revision of the inferior poles is advised either local, local + sedation, or local/general. I might convert to inverted T incision to correct. Best to you.