Will my lower lip tissue come back naturally after accident? (photo)

I recently met with an accident due to which I had lip injury , and my lower lip was contaminated. due to which a portion of lip tissue was removed . I want to know if that can be grown naturally ?

Will my lower lip tissue come back naturally after accident?

+1
As long as this injury is relatively recent it will likely improve significantly with time. If it is 3-12 months old or more you might see limited improvement without a procedure. Quite often, the lower lip tissue can be rearranged to create a more normal contour. This can be performed in the office without one week of recovery time. The lips do heal surprisingly well but it is possible that you might have lost enough tissue that a procedure would be required to improve the contour. Time will tell but in the meantime consult with a local plastic surgeon for more specific advice.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon