Lower Lid Massage - Am I Doing It Correctly?

I had lower lid bleph 10 wks ago. If I look straight ahead the iris sits on the lid; if I drop my chin or look up the white of my right eye under the iris is obvious. Also the lid comes away from the eye a tad & it feels irritated in that area. I have been told by my OS to massage the lids up with tip of my finger. I am having a hard time doing this-the lid seems solid so the skin on the outside is moving but not the whole lid. The flesh under the eye is rigid & won’t budge when I massage. What to do?

Lower lid issue

+1

Without an exam it is very difficult to evaluate you. It is best to follow your surgeon's post-op instructions.  Good luck.

Lower lid massage

+1

You should definitely speak to your surgeon and ask this question.  Your surgeon knows more about your condition than anyone else and would be the person with the most knowledge to answer your question. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon