Lower Leg and Foot Numbness on the Deflated Implant Side

I just realized that one of my saline implants has deflated. I have been having on and off numbness, in my left lower leg and foot, on the same side as the deflated implant. Can this have anything to do with it?

Breast Implant Deflation Will Not cause Foot Numbness

+2

No.

I am sorry to hear of your breast implant deflation.

The saline in your breast implants is literally intavenous solution and is absorbed b your body, then removed by your kidneys as urine. Completely safe.

The numbness in your leg and foot is completely unrelated.  See yout doctor to evaluate the cause of your numbness.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

No

+2

The implant is unrelated to your lower extremity symptoms.

You want to explore other possibilities like a ruptured disk, or pinched nerve in your back.  A doctors exam will help to sort this out.  The good news is that your implant may be under warranty!

Leg problems are never the result of a deflated implant.

+1

A saline deflation is a cosmetic problem only.  The pain in your leg has a reason but it is not the implant.  You are a good example of concurrent problems for which no cause and effect exists.  You should see your family physician or an orthopedist for advice.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Salt water isn't harmful

+1

Anatomically, I can't even guess how a deflated breast implant would lead to leg or foot numbness.  The good news is that saline implants are just filled with salt water, which is absorbed by your body and causes absolutely no harm.  Just see your plastic surgeon to have the deflated implant exchanged.

You may need to see a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon regarding your leg symptoms, which aren't related to your implants.  Best wishes.

Leg numbness and deflated implant.

+1

The symptoms you are experiencing in your left leg and foot are unlikely to be related to the deflation of your saline implant. To evaluate your leg/foot symptoms, please see your general practitioner.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Not related.

+1

I would get this numbness problem evaluated, but it is very unlikely related to your saline implants - ruptured or otherwise. It may be related to a "slipped disk" or something else serious, so get this evaluated soon.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

No anatomical correlation possible

+1

Often patients have coincidental symptoms and wonder if they are related, when in fact they aren't.  That is what is going on with you.  You should have your lower back evaluated by your primary care doctor.

Not related

+1

The numbness in your foot and the rupture of the saline filled implant are not related. The implant is filled with an isotonic saline solution that will be absorbed by your body. The process of implant replacement in relatively simple.

Implant and foot numbness

+1

Doubtful that the two problems are related.  You probably want to see an orthopedist or neurologist for further investigation of the numbness and a plastic surgeon for evaluation for the deflated implant.

Not likely

+1

It is unfortunate that your implant has deflated and that you also have leg/foot numbness. However, it is very unlikely and probably impossible that these are related.

The saline in your implant will be reabsorbed into your body and should have no consequences. It is most likely just a coincidence.

Having said that, you should see your primary care physician to have the numbness evaluated.