If Lower Lateral Cartilages Were Sutured Together Can This Be Reversed?

In my op notes my surgeon has written that he did complex suturing of the lower lateral cartilages to reduce the groove between the lower lateral cartilages to refine my tip. Can this be reversed?

Revision rhinoplasty

+3

Yes, suturing of the lower lateral cartilages can be reversed by releasing the sutures. However, cartilage resection during surgery and scar tissue development over time may make repair work more difficult and not as simple as just releasing the tip sutures.

+2

Yes, the sutures can be cut and removed however, the tip cartilages may not go back to their pre Rhinoplasty shape if they were trimmed and reduced. If too much tip cartilage was removed this may require a conchal, ear cartilage graft to rebuild the tip size and shape.

Revision of Rhinoplasty Where Sutures were Used to Narrow the Tip

+2

These sutures can be removed or modified to change the tip width or contour. Talk to your surgeon or a revision specialist about alternatives to achieve your goals.