Lower Facelift & Necklift, Also a Lower Blepharoplasty. My Neck & Face Are So Tight I Now Have a Double Chin. Unhappy W/eyes?

I had lower facelift, necklift, lower blepharoplasty, laser skin resurfacing and fat transfer injections. My neck and face are so tight I now have a double chin, which I've NEVER had. Also, the surgeon sutured my lower eyelids to my upper eyelids causing my upper eyelids to sag terribly, again NEVER a problem for me, he said I needed a more almond shaped eye. What can be done to get rid of the double chin and correct my upper eyelids (I can feel the sutures under the skin of my upper eyelids)

Unhappy with face lift and blepharoplasty

+1
  1. A temporary small double chin can appear after a face and neck lift.
  2. If you are seriously unhappy with your result, and your plastic surgeon is not able to help after your face lift and blepharoplasties, consider a second opinion to see what will improve with time and how to manage your recovery.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and Science

+1

Without photos and an exam, it is hard to answer your concerns. You may need several weeks heal from your surgery. Keep in close discussion with your surgeon. All the best Thomas Narsete, M.D.

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Facelift issuess post-op

+1

Without an exam in perosn or at least photos, it is difficult to say. But at this point you have to let things heal and follow closely with your surgeon.

Multiple Procedures-Not Pleased With Results

+1

It is very difficult to analyze your concerns without at least a photograph.  This would allow for a diagnosis of each of your concerns.  Please follow up with your surgeon to see their analysis of the problems.

Michael Sundine, MD

What to do when you think you have a bad result.

+1

In this forum a picture would be essential for any constructive comments to be made. It would also be essential to know how long ago the surgery took place. It is quite possible that you are merely in the healing phase and that you will end up with a magnificent result.

Anxieties such as yours, though common, are very real and it is vital that you address them directly with your original surgeon rather than jumping ship at the first squall.

It is only when your surgeon cannot provide a satisfactory explanation or outline a reasonable course of action that you should consider a second opinion.

I would advise all patients to seek a surgeon with whom they can communicate and in whom they trust. Do not be  bamboozled by marketing hype and discounts. It is your health that is on the line.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Unhappy with eyelid surgery

+1

It is impossible to evaluate your problem without a photo. When was the surgery?  In regards to the eyelids, see an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon