I had a lower facelift/neck lift 8 weeks ago. Is it safe to get my sideburns/jawline, upper lip, and chin/neck area waxed?

Timing of waxing after face/neck lift

+2
With normal healing after a face and neck lift, there should not be a problem to have waxing of the sideburns/jawline, upper lip and chin/neck 8 weeks after surgery.  It is always best to ask your particular surgeon to be on the safe side.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Waxing, 8 weeks post-op

+2
First of all it is always a good idea to ask the opinion of your surgeon. In my opinion, at eight weeks, assuming you had normal healing, there should be no restrictions of any kind on your activities. Best of luck.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing for facial procedures after a Facelift

+1
Everyone is in a rush to have facial procedures performed after facelift surgery. Here is a list of facial procedures and when you can perform them;
  1. Make-up - typically, cover-up makeup can be applied gently by day #10 (ask your doctor).
  2. Ear rings - thats right - no ear rings for three weeks (heavy ones may even be longer).
  3. Color your hair - I advise my patients that they can color their hair when the incision behind their ears is fully healed. See your doctor to confirm that healing is complete.
  4. Facial waxing - waxing of areas not directly involved in the surgery can be performed 3 weeks after the surgery, but sideburns and cheek areas should wait until week #8.
For more information, read my book "A More Beautiful You- Reverse aging through skin care, plastic surgery and lifestyle solutions.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Lower facelift/neck lift 8 weeks ago. Is it safe to get my sideburns/jawline, upper lip, and chin/neck area waxed?

+1
In general, it is safe to have areas of the face gently waxed 8 weeks after a lower facelift.  However it is best to check with your surgeon before proceeding to better determine if you have adequately healed.

If a laser treatment or chemical peel was also performed at the same time the timeline to have waxing or laser hair removal may be longer.

Timothy R. Miller, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Assuming you have normal healing...

+1
... Yes, go for it! The only area I would have any concerns about (but not at 8 weeks) is the sideburn area.

Dominic Bray, MBBS, FRCS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial waxing after face lift

+1
At 8 weeks provided that you are completely healed, you probably  can get waxed but always a good idea to check with your surgeon.