Should I have a lower face lift to fix my saggy neck?

I had a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon regarding my "turkey neck".My worry is that the end of March is my child's wedding. He assured me I would be healed / recovered by then, although maximum improvement would be at the 1 year mark. Should I believe that I will be photo ready by March 29 if my surgery is the first week of Dec.?

+2

There are technique dependent issues that will determine your readiness.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of necklifts, facelifts and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Facelift healing

+2

Although, the final results of a facelift can take 6-12 months to develop, most patients are presenatable around 10-14 days. Most of my patients feel confident in returning to their everyday activities within 2 weeks post procedure.

Since your child’s wedding is not until March of 2014, the first week of December 2013 should be more than ample time to be photo ready.I would discuss your timeline with a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing Time after Necklift.

+2
By 3 months after a neck lift, you should look just fine. Bruising takes 2-4 weeks to disappear depending on the individual and the extent of the procedure. The scars will be covered by your hair, your ears, or even makeup. Swelling resolves gradually, but by 3 months you will be looking good for your photos!

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Face lift healing

+2

You should be recovered in time for your child's end of March wedding.

At 2-3 weeks, if hair is long enough to hide the scars and you use make up, you will be looking quite good. By 3 months - fine. Here's how face lift healing goes:

• week 1 - happy surgery is over,
  • week 2 - depressed by swelling and bruising,
  • week 6 - looking good,
  • month 6-12, all scars are faded, skin soft

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Face lift healing time

+2

It is certainly acceptable to have a facelift 3 months prior to a major social event such as a wedding. Most patients in our practice are able to get back into social activities at 3 weeks after a facelift. For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo gallery

Facelift Healing Time

+2

Most of our Facelift patients are able to wear makeup between day 10 and day 14. Patients generally pass the "supermarket test" whereby they can appear inconspicuous from a surgical standpoint some time between 2 and 4 weeks postoperatively. 3 months is plenty of time for healing if your surgery is within the next month or so. Good luck!

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing for necklift

+2

If your surgery is in December and your affair and photo shoot is in March you should look completely healed and excellent for both the affair and the associated photography. Three months is plenty of time to accomplish 90% of the surgery healing.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing from lower facelift

+1
Ensure your surgeon understands the timeline so he or she can factor that into your surgical plan. With a proper surgical plan and choosing an expert board certified plastic surgeon, you should be ready for the surgical plan. Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Facelifts and Weddings

+1
In my experience, my patients are ready for a wedding about 6 weeks after surgery. Of course their are outliers, but the majority are ready to go and so should you.
Congratulations and good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Lower facelift or necklift vs. Ultherapy in Los Angeles

+1

Our office specializes in neck lift and facelift surgery. For patients who need to minimize recovery, we often recommend the Ultherapy procedure directed towards the neck and lower face. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS