Lower Face Lift and Problems?

I had a blepharoplastyand a lower face lift in December of 2012. I am 47yrs old and after surgery under my chin looked loose but was told I needed to wait for 6 months. Under my chin I have loose skin and a stretch mark appearance and I hate the outcome. It cost $11,500 and I hope something is going to be done by my surgeon. I am sick about this as its been a painful recovery and the thought of further surery makes me sick. What can I expect can be done , will a revision take care of this issue?

Loose skin under the chin after a facelift.

+1

Dear TJMom, I would agree with your doctor that waiting for about 6-9 month is necessary to appreciate the final result of your procedure.  If you are still unhappy with your results I would consider an option of a limited neck lift.  This procedure is done under local anesthesia and allows for a mild re-tightening of the neck skin.  This procedure is much easier on you than a full face/neck lift and the recovery period is significantly shorter.   I hope you can find a good solution for this problem and wish you to look your best!

Lower Face Lift and Problems?

+1

Thank you for your question. If you are loose under your chin, perhaps you will need a submental incision to remove some skin, and if there are muscle bands in need of tightening, they will need to be done as well.  There will be a scar under the chin, and on some people, it is well hidden, on others, it is not as well hidden.  Evaluate where you are at a year, and then evaluate things. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lower Face Lift and Loose Skin

+1

Thank you for sharing your concerns. At this point you are basically looking at your final result. I think you should have another conversation with your surgeon and share with him your disappointment. Several things might be described as loose skin under the chin. Sometimes, it is in fact skin, but persistent platysmal bands are seen. Without a picture it is difficult to give you options. These can be as simple as a submental touch up or as involved as a full revision facelift. I am sorry your outcomes aren't to your liking and I hope that you and your surgeon come to an acceptable solution. Take care. 

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose neck skin after face lift

+1

Thank you for your question about your face lift healing.

• Loose neck skin after a face lift can be from weight loss, inelastic skin, fat may under the chin, early skin loosening. 
  • It can also be from inadequate surgical technique.
  • face lift does not typically cause stretch marks.
  • Surgical results are not guaranteed, complications can occur. 
  • Discuss your result with your surgeon, consider a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lower face lift and loose skin

+1

Loose skin in the neck may require a revision.  Dimpling skin or fine wrinkles may require surface treatment.

Loose skin lower facelift

+1

Loose skin in the center of the neck may be improved by a repeat facelift.

Wrinkled skin however may not be corrected with a face lift due to loss of elasticity of the skin

Other options include the Cellulaze with sidelaze laser fiber which will increase collagen and elasticity in these areas.

Please consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Facelift revision.

+1

I need to see photographs of your current appearance to give you a proper answer. Without these photographs it would just be a guess as to what you need.