Lower eyelid trouble after occipital fracture surgery, will eyelid fix itself? (photo)
Doctor Answers (4)
Eyelid malposition after orbital fracture
- Thank you for the photos- I assume you had a ZMC and orbital floor fracture repair
- The changes of the eye position and eyelid position will continue for several months after such a repair
- Pay attention to potentially having double vision when you look up
- Be patient with the process of healing, but discuss your concerns with your surgeon in a few months.
- Time, not revision surgery should be the first approach
Lower eyelid weakness after fracture surgery
May be related to the trauma or the repair of the trauma.
You might also like...
Early problems after orbital reconstruction
One early option you may have to accelerate your healing process would be PRP or platelet rich plasma. This is not covered by insurance but does help with scar tissue. When I say scar tissue there is definitely scar tissue and your wound that is totally expected. There is no surgery without scar tissue so we'll simply have to give it more time.
Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon