Eyelid Surgery Redo on Damaged Skin?

I have already had lower blepharoplasty. However, the results have been ruined from burns from hot water around my eyes. Is it possible to have eyelid surgery performed again on the skin that is damaged? Would it help?

Eyelid burn

+1

We would need to see a photo of how you look now. Also, if the burn was new it would take time (6 months) before I would do anything at all. It may go back to normal.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery on damaged skin

+1

An oculoplastic surgeon with proper training should be able to reconstruct an eyelid from nothing. This the art involved in this field. We routinely reconstruct eyelids that had significant damage from previous surgery, trauma, burns and even previous tumors. Please feel free to post your picture so we can advise on the details of surgery involved.

Kami K. Parsa, MD

Burned skin

+1

Alexander, 

It really depends on how your lower eyelid and skin looks like at this point, so a photo would be helpful. It can certainly be more challenging operating on burned skin due to its lack of elasticity and contracture.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon