How to Fix Redness After Lower Eyelid Surgery?

I had Lower subciliary Blepharplasty Over 3 month ago im still very red under the Eyelids. I have thin eyelid skin too. I can see small red/blue Veins now that i never had before. It may be causing that rediness. Would IPL or some other Laser be good. Or since i have Very thin Skin it would make it worse. 2nd question is how long does the cut on the outside the scar go from Pink to White.

It really depends on the cause of the redness

+1

It really depends on the cause of the redness.  If it is inflammation, sometimes steroid creams work.  If it’s broken blood vessels sometimes IPL (Intense Pulse Light) works.  You should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon to find out.  

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Red eyelids after subciliary blepharoplasty

+1

Usually most healing is done within three months.  Redness may be a sign of a chronic infection.  This should be evaluated by your surgeon.  Sometimes there are very slow-growing bugs called atypical mycobacteria that cause this problem.  It can be hard to diagnose, and the doctor has to test for it specifically.

If you do not have an infection, you might have an allergic response - either to the original suture material or perhaps a medication.  This should be evaluated by your doctor.

Finally, some people develop new tiny blood vessels along the edges of scars.  If the above two issues are eliminated as causes of the redness, you may be a candidate for treatment of these abnormal blood vessels with a vascular laser.  This should be done by an experienced laser doctor, and the eyes should be protected with specialized frosted laser metallic shields.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon