Lower Eyelid Sagging?

hi I am 23 year old. my Lower eyelid is sagging due to that it get swelling in the morning once wake up. it make me feel so embarrassing to meet people.my eyes look tired because of this.could you please suggest me something to treat this apart from surgery.

Nonsurgical Treatments for Baggy Lids

+1

Depending upon the anatomic concerns, eyelid surgery of some sort may be the best option.  Fillers may be useful depending upon your anatomy, concerns, and goals.

Drooping lower lids

+1

Without seeing photos, it would be difficult to advise you as to the best treatment or what is causing the problem itself. There are various treatment options available from surgical correction if necessary to fillers and laser treatments. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid sagging

+1

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately without in person evaluation it would be difficult to address your concern. There is however, a condition of recurrent lower lid swelling which is related to allergy. In this case surgery is not indicated. My best advice for you is to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to address your confer. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Lower eyelid enhancement

+1

There are many options for rejuvenating the lower eyelid from botox, injectable fillers, lasers and surgery.  There are also several eye creams that also have been advertised to help rejuvenate the lower eyelids.  Every treatment option has pros/cons with different times for recovery and how much or little they can actually rejuvenate the eyelids.  It is difficult to accurately make a recommendation without pictures. One of the most common reasons that people seek rejuvenation of their lower eyelids as that they look tired but they really feel young and energetic. Therefore, they want their eyes to match they way they feel.  

Sachin S. Parikh, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid sagging

+1

Eyelid fullness or bags can be aggravated by allergies, and so it would be important to make sure that is not an issue. Sometimes the appearance of bags or sagging can be alleviated significantly by injection of filler or fat just beneath the bag to smooth the transition between the cheek and the eyelid, and make the bag less visible, but in some patients, even in their twenties, surgery is the best approach.  It can be done without an external incision, and the results can last 20 years or more, so it may be worth considering. Without a photograph and in person consultation, it is difficult to be firm in my advice.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Eyelid sagging

+1

It would be important to see a specialist first and make sure you do not something as simple as an allergy problem which is common.  It is uncommon for someone your age to need surgery.  

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid surgery

+1

Without seeing photos it is not possible to make any recommendations.  You could be a candidate for fillers in the lower eyelid area to help even things out, or you may benefit from a lower blepharoplasty.  You may have inherited your lower eyelids from a parent or other family member.  Ageing is not always the reason that lower eyelid surgery is needed.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD