Where to Go for Eyelid Mole Removal?

I have this huge mole sitting on my lower eyelid and a couple of small ones that I can tell are getting bigger. What type of doctor would be best to remove them?

Eyelid lesion

+1

I would first have the lesions looked at and examined by a board certified dermatologist. If they are genuinely medically concerning, a biopsy will be taken in which a small sample of tissue is gently removed and sent to the lab to see what type of lesion it is (ie, benign or cancerous). If it is simply a skin tag, it can be easily removed. If it is truly a mole that you are having removed for cosmetic purposes, then it can be done by a dermatologist, ophthalmologist, or plastic surgeon--a physician with expertise in treating this part of the body.

Seattle Dermatologist

Mole removal

+1

For a lesion that is on or near your eyelid, I recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon or an oculoplastic surgeon.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Eyelid Mole Removal

+1

Since this is a very delicate area I would recommend for you to see a board certified facial plastic surgeon that has in depth knowledge of facial procedures.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Mole Removal - Who is the best to remove it.

+1

Choose between a board certified plastic surgeon of one of the following disciplines: Plastic Surgeon, Oculoplastic Surgeon, or Facial Plastic Surgeon. I would NOT go to someone less trained such as a Dermatologist, Family Practice, or General Surgeon

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Moles on eyelid

+1

You could see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have the lesions removed. The most common type of "mole" on the eyelid is called "seborrheic keratosis." Removal of these may not be covered by your insurance because some plans consider it cosmetic.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

You Have a Choice

+1

In this instance, you can likely have these removed successfully by either a Dermatologist, a Plastic surgeon, or and Oculoplastic Surgeon. 

Lisa Benest, MD
Burbank Dermatologist

Oculoplastic surgeon

+1

If the mole is as you described it,  I would consult  an oculoplastic surgeon. Although a regular plastic surgeon would be fine, as would a dermatologist with much skin surgery experience, my choice would be an oculoplastic surgeon.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist