Lower Eyelid Distortion, Retraction/sagging - from Eyelash Electrolysis & Punctal Cautery?

Suffer from chronic dry eyes for last 5 years and diagnosis includes - lagophthalmos, exposure keratitis , incomplete blinking & eyelid retraction. Oculoplastic surgeon performed lower punctal cautery in 2009 on Both eyes & ingrown eyelash electrolysis treatment on the Left eye in 2010. Now another expert doctor suggested that Eyelash electrolysis and punctal cautery caused lid distortion, retraction & inflammation in my case. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!

Your situation is complex.

+2

Can these procedures distort the eyelid and cause further problems?  Absolutely.  Was this the case in your situation?  WIthout a personal consultation it is hard to answer that question.  However I would recommend getting a second opinion from a highly qualified oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory that can help you find a highly qualified surgeon close to where you live (asoprs dot org).