Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty on a 24 Year Old? (photo)

I've always felt insecure about my lower eyelids. I always look tired even when I'm well rested and I hate having to try to cover them up with make up. Would a lower eyelid blepharoplasty solve this problem?

Tear trough abnormality can be corrected non-surgically with filler.

+2

The photograph demonstrates a fairly classic tear trough abnormality. You may want to start with a filler to see if this accomplishes aesthetically what you are after.

Lower eyelid Surgery

+2

Dear sa07

This is why you have Specialist Plastic Surgeons. They have the skills and training to assess the problem, and offer you treatment options..

It is likely that filler will deal with your contour concerns, rather than surgery.

The best way to know is to make an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon.

I wish you well.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

There is nothing like a personal examination.

+2

However, these circles look like you might be better off filling them rather than having lower eyelid surgery for them.  The issue is precisely what makes up the contours that one sees in the photos.  For that, a detailed examination is need to answer this type of question.

Probably runs in your family

+1

For a 24 year old, you have deep tear troughs.  I suspect this has been this way since you were a young child and that other women in your family have the issue.  To improve this the surgeon needs to place volume in the tear trough.  Through an incision on the inside of the eyelid (called transconjunctival) fat can be moved down from the pad pads just below the eye (fat transposition) or fat can be moved up from the cheek (a so-called SOOF lift). These are two types of lower eyelid blepharoplasties.  Don't waist your money on injectable fillers for this.  They are temporary and can be more risky than surgery.  I have attached a link to a patient in my blepharoplasty gallery.  There are others there too. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid hollows

+1

From what the picture shows, you may have some hollowing to your lower lid area.  You should see a plastic surgeon that is specialized in examining and treating lower lid hollows and bags so that you get the best recommendations. You may be a candidate for fillers (ie hyaluronic acid fillers). Good luck.

Christopher I. Zoumalan, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty on a 24 Year Old?

+1

No, from the photos provided the indentations below the eyes are from tear troughs and flat cheeks, not lower eyelid fat.  Lower blepharoplasty is therefore not indicated.  Cheek Fillers (I prefer Perlane), cheek implants and fillers to the tear troughs (Juvered) would address these issues.

Lower eyelids

+1

From the photos, it looks like you do not have bags, but you have dark circles which is probably hyperpigmentation of the skin and depressed lower eyelids on the inside which can be corrected with filler to smooth out the skin. The pigmentation is treated with hi-power bleaching techniques.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon