Lower Eye Muscle or Bags? What Are the Options? (photo)

Hi, I'm Steven & age 42. I just had my lower eye surgery 1 1/2 month ago, I still find this 'bags' under my eyes. I am not too sure whether is the lower eyes muscle, fats, sunken or bags? Consulted the surgical doctor, he said nothing much can be done. It just like before surgery (as shown in before & after). The muscle is too thick when I smile and what can I do about it? Thanks & appreciate in advance.

Lower eyelid muscle or bags after surgery

+2

First of all, it's too early to judge the final result from your lower eyelid surgery. It can take three to six months and sometimes up to a year for the swelling to resolve.  It's difficult to tell for sure with your pictures, but your post-operative picture does appear better than your pre-operative picture.  I would give it some more time to heal and re-evaluate your appearance in a few more months.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from Blepharoplasty

+1

Hi. Unfortunately, it can sometimes take some time before you see your final results from blepharoplasty. Although most patients look dynamite right away, some may take many months for swelling to resolve and show the final result. It makes sense to wait at least 4-6 months or even a year before judging your results critically. If after sufficient time there is still an issue, rest assured it be improved.

Michael Horn, MD