Lower Eye Lift?

Its been 4 wks since my lower eye lift surgery and the right eye is a little puffier than the left eye is this normal? My doctor only removed the fat in my lower eyes with no skin removal because he said if he removed skin it would be possible that my lower eye lids would droop.

Lower Eye Lift?

+1

At 4 weeks following lower blepharoplasty there can be asymmetric swelling.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

You are still in the healing phase.  It is normal to have some degree of asymmetry after a surgical procedure.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as recommended for your best result.

Swelling after lower eyelid surgery

+1

The exam you describe is typical 4 weeks after eyelid surgery. The two sides of the face are never the same to begin with and the process of healing will also be different. This will calm down in time and you should expect more improvement over the next 3-6 months.

Lower eyelid swelling after surgery

+1

It is normal to have some degree of asymmetry early after any surgical procedure.  continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon

Asymmetric healing after a blepharoplasty is the rule not the exception.

+1

I would worry about some asymmetry of swelling after blepharoplasty. It sounds as though your surgeon explain things pretty well in his philosophy of tissue management makes good sense.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Healing lower eyelids take 6 months to 90%

+1

You have a long way to go and will be fine.  I am not a great fan of fat removal because in some patients  this results in a hollow appearance.  I feel relocation to useful areas  under the eye is a better choice.  Think about what makes a person loo older.  Hollow eyes is one of the aging stigmata.  If you indeed had excess fat and not herniated fat the removal was an okay choice.  You will be fine.    My Best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon