Ask a doctor

Lower Eye Lift 4 Weeks Ago?

I had lower eye lift surgery 4wks ago. The doctor suggested that he would only have to go in and remove fat from the lower eye area with no skin removal from the lower eye area. If he were to removed some skin it might cause the lower outer eyes to droop. After my 2wk follow visit I have seen a medium differences in the bags but not a 100% difference. At the 2wk follow up my doctor said to allow more time it might take 3 to 6 months for the lower eye lift to completely smooth out.

Doctor Answers (6)

Healing after lower eyelid surgery

+2

Your doctor is correct in that it can take 3-6 months (and sometimes longer) for the healing to take place after lower eyelid surgery.  I would give it more time to see the final result.  It is possible to remove some skin at a later time if that is needed.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Your doctor is right, it's too early to make a pronouncement about the outcome.

+2

It may indeed take several months for the final product to emerge after eyelid surgery. Conservative skin removal is almost always none to prevent eyelid problems.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Lower Eye Lift 4 Weeks Ago?

+1

At 4 weeks following lower blepharoplasty there can be asymmetric swelling.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 147 reviews

Lower eyelid recovery

+1

Lower eyelid surgery is one of the more challenging procedures in facial rejuvenation and it does take quite a while to settle. You should see 80%  healing by 6 weeks, 90% at 12 , and the remaining 10% will take a better part of 9 months. 

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

Questions about result from lower eyelid surgery

+1

It is going to take time for you to see the results from your surgery.  There is always going to be some degree of swelling associated with any operation. 

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Lower Eyelid Surgery Post Op

+1

Follow your Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions.  He is correct saying that it could take several weeks to completely heal.  I would give it more time to see the final result.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.

You might also like...