Should I Be Doing Lower Eye Blepharoplasty or Transconjuctival Fat Removal Surgery? (photo)

Hello Doctors, I am 30 years old and my eye bags are bulging more and more everyday. My father has the same problem, so I assume it's pass down from family. One of my doctor has recommended me to do a Lower Eye Blepharoplasty, but I would like to hear more opinions from different doctors. Please help!

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty transconjunctival approach

+1

Transconjunctival removal of fat is a form of lower eyelid blepharoplasty. It entails making an incision on the inside of the eyelid and removing the bulging fat in order to deflate the eyelids. This is a very effective surgery. The one downfall is that it can create a hollow appearance. For somebody in your age range it is less likely that you would have hollowing as you likely still have good cheek volume which contributes to a more youthful appearance. In my opinion, you would be a good candidate for a transconjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty.

Should I Be Doing Lower Eye Blepharoplasty or Transconjuctival Fat Removal Surgery?

+1

Yes and they are the same thing.  Transconjunctival describes the inside lower eyelid incision for performing a lower eyelid surgery.

Transconjunctival Fat Removal IS a type of Lower lid Blepharoplasty

+1

Hi there-

I think you may be confused...

ALL transconjunctival fat removal procedures are a form of lower lid blepharoplasty. 

This procedure is a safe and effective option for patients with your problem.

Fillers would be a temporary and ultimately unsatisfactory solution in my opinion, especially as the surgical outcome would be permanent and is uniformly associated with a very high rate of patient satisfaction.

Armando Soto, MD

Transconjunctival lower eyelid surgery works very well for congenital bags.

+1

Hi.

You are right that this problem is congenital and familial and even teenagers can show it.  This is true excess  fat.  Correcting this is a lot simpler than blepharoplasty for aging.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Transconjunctival fat removal is one type of lower blepharoplasty.

+1

Based on your photo, I would not recommend eyelid surgery.  I suspect that you can do great with lower eyelid fillers.  Please be aware that this type of treatment is an art form.  You need to find an injector surgeon who is artful and perfectionistic to get the best result from this type of service.