Lower Buttock Lift - Is It Worth It? (photo)

I saw 2 doctors. One suggested a less common technique for butt lift in which incisions are located in the gluteal fold. The other recommended to avoid it. There's not much reference online regarding lower buttock lift, so I have to wonder if it's a risk worth taking. The doc who suggested it to me, admitted that he never had a patient with a condition like mine. I considered a "banana roll" lipo as plan B, but then read that it could worsen the ptosis. Is there anything else that can be done?

Lower butt lift

+1

Dear Anna, judging from the picture posted on the forum, you seem to have buttock ptosis with a deep infra gluteal fold. In my opinion, adding volume with an autologous fat transfer would be the best option in your case. Augmentation of the fold with fat would help you achieve a smoother transition between the butt & the thighs. It would also act as a support for the butt.

I would personally never opt for a procedure involving skin & subcut tissue excision in this region as it would result in scars and poor aesthetics.

India Plastic Surgeon

ButtLift / Brazilian Butt Lift , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon , Toronto

+1

Dear Anna  According to your profile photo you happen to have moderate to severe buttock ptosis with a prominent , overextended infra-gluteal fold. Therefore an excision of the infra-gluteal fold or liposuction of the "banana roll" would not give you natural results and may even worsen your buttock/thigh esthetics.  You may benefit at the very least from fat grafting to the deep infra-gluteal fold region to recreate a support system for your buttock and recreate a smooth transition zone from thigh to buttock.  If this does not give you the ultimate result that you wish then the above procedure can be combined with a formal buttock lift with an incision placed above the buttock however hidden below your bikini line. Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Lower Buttock Lift

+1

I have performed lower buttock lift with the incision in the Gluteal crease in the past. Unfortunately, I have not been happy with the result and I no longer recommend it to my patients.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Lower Buttock Lift - Is It Worth It?

+1

You need a creative approach to avoid lengthy scars.  Liposuction of the appropriate areas with fat transfer to the buttocks to take up loose skin will give the best improvement.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Saggy butt fold

+1

Dear Anna, Thanks for submitting your picture. From observing your picture, you have a banana roll that will respond nicely to liposuction, and saggy butt fold due to loss of muscle mass resulting in excess skin. The best solution for you condition is not cutting the fold which will result in a long unsightly scar, or liposuction that runs the risk of aggravating the saggy fold , but rather  butt implants. The implants will fill up the envelope , tighten the skin and lift up the fold. It is important to use  oval round implants and place them high, so that the sagginess of the fold will not get worse over time. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has lots of experience with butt implants. Check the before ans after pictures to make sure that you like the results. Best of luck, Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Lower Buttock Lift

+1

Based on your profile and your overall desires, you will probably get a perky buttock from adding volume in the way of buttock implants or fat transfer.  Otherwise, a lower buttock tuck with lengthy scars in the infra-gluteal creases is your next best option to reduce and/or eliminate the lower buttock sagging.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD