Lower Body Lift Candidate After Weight Loss, But Still Heavy? (photo)

I am nearly 30 and I have lost 140ish pounds since 2008. I weighed 360 pounds originally and now I have plateauted at 220 pounds for the last two years. I have been working with a personal trainer for 5 years (two different trainers within that time) and I am stuck at this weight. Is it possible I am ready for a lower body lift or do I still need to lose more? Why can I not lose more? I have changed my diet and exercise routines many times. I would like to remove the skin.

Stability of weight is important before body lift

+1

Great job!! I would wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

Body lift

+1

As long as your weight loss has stabilized, I think its time for you to visit board certified PS to start learning more about your options.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).   Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

You are ready for your lower body lift.

+1

If you have been stable in your weight for 2 years and are really working consistently with diet and exercise then you likely won't get much smaller.  Depending on the patient, they can lose 15 to 40 lbs with the body lift.  You should realize that to fully correct your areas of loose skin may take several operations, but each will improve your contour and get you further toward your goal.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you formulate a plan to address the areas which are of most concern to you first and then proceed to other areas.  Also check about which procedures could be combined to decrease your cost and recovery time.  Good Luck.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Body Lift after Weight Loss

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss so far.  Ideally, I ask patients to be at their lowest, most stable weight - this will give the best surgical results. Sometimes patients do plateau and have a hard time losing more weight.

The best thing to do is to visit with well experienced plastic surgeons who work with massive weight loss patients and get precise advice after they examine you and know your medical history.

Lower Body Lift Candidate After Weight Loss, But Still Heavy?

+1

It's a hard question to answer without an examination so I would suggest you consult with a local surgeon experienced in the body contouring you want. 220# sounds a little heavy to me but it does not mean you aren't ready for surgery. It sounds as if you are doing well in weight control and staying toned.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD