I Think I Need a Lower Body Lift? (photo)

I have lost over 100lbs with diet and exercise and I have maintained this weight (140) for at least three years. I'm 35 I haven't had kids and I am not planning on any. The majority of my loose skin hangs onto my thighs and some at my lower abdomen. Which procedures should I consider to address my thighs, abdomen, as well as my chubby knees?

Lower Body Lift

+2

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss.  Your pictures suggest that your skin has done remarkably well for that amount of change.  A lower body lift would combine a tummy tuck with a lift of your buttock and back.  You would likely have some improvement in your thighs as well. It would be easier to evaluate you in person, but some liposuction of your knee area or inner thighs might be valuable as well. 

Lower Body Lift

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  Patients experience fantastic results from these procedures.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Lower body lift

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss through hard work and diet.  As a plastic surgeon who specializes in "plastic surgery after weight loss", I am very much aware of the changes that you must be experiencing.  For most of my patients in your situation, a lower body lift is the least that they opt for.  A lower body lift in my practice has multiple components with the aim of correcting the pubic laxity, abdominal region, front of the thighs, outer thighs, liposuction, and a buttock lift. However the buttock lift will make the butt cheeks flat and thus most patient will elect to have buttock enhancement through use of their own lower back fat.  When it comes to your thighs, you will at least need an inner thigh lift. The one that I do is called the Spiral thigh lift and is specifically for the weight loss patients.  You will find a whole section dedicated to plastic surgery after weight loss on my site with an extensive gallery of before and after pictures. Good luck.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Lee J. Malan, M.D.

+1

Super great self discipline and will-power resulting in magnificent weight loss.  The loose shin of the tighs can be significantly improved using the lateral and medial combination thigh lift technique first describled by Ted Lockwood, M.D., Platic Surgeon.  If the the abdominal soft tissues are lifted at the same time your particulat abdomen will be improved without formal abdominal plasty as a secondary operation.  Lipsocution of the thighs, including the knees would be done at the beginning of the thigh lift operation. In my hands the surgery is done in our onsite AAAASF Accredited Ambulaory Surgical Suite as on outpatien(charges including anesthesia $10,000).  Length of surgery  6-8 hours). Local patients go home after; out of town patients stay in an overnite facility for several days post op (costs about $200.00/day). Preoperative consult necessary for examination, operation description, and photograghs ($30.00 charged but applied to the surgical charges if surgery is carried out).Expect to wear compressive garments waist to knees post operatively for 2-3 months for best results. Immediate post op ambulation encouraged. Recovery to the extent of driving and returning to work 7-10 days (usual and routine).

Lee J. Malan, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

I Think I Need a Lower Body Lift?

+1

Weight loss great, photos  are great Next is to have a body lifting or multiple surgeries. Seek in person opinions. 

Lower body lift

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.It is obvious you have done your homework because a lower body lift is the right operation for you. The operation will improve the appearance of the abdomen, the outer thigh and buttock. Although the inner thigh generally requires a separate procedure the high lateral tension abdominoplasty , which is part of  the body lift, will make some improvement in the appearance of the upper inner thigh.I would encourage you to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with an interest and significant experience in body contouring after massive weight loss.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon