Lower Body Lift with Standard Tummy Tuck or Fleur De Lis?

I am a 27 year old female who has lost 135lbs from having a gastric bypass in 2011. i am having an lbl in june. I am really feeling like having a fleur de lis would give me better results I have a lot of loose skin in my upper abdomen and i fear that the traditional lower body lift won't get rid of it all. I am ok with the scar that the lbl creates. Would you recommend a lbl with fleur de lis or can my desired results be achieved through a regular lbl?

+1
No good way to answer this question without a formal exam.  It would be best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to address the various nuances of your question.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

LBL

+1

A lower body lift is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Body lift

+1

Thank you for your question.  Its impossible to give you any recommendations without a physical exam or photos.  The treatment plan/recommendations will depend on the amount and distribution of your excess skin.   Please visit with a board certified PS experienced with weight loss contouring to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Bodylift with FDL

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. Photos would have helped. I reserve the recommendation for a FDL bodylift on patients that could really use additional tightening. Perhaps you should talk this over with your PS. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

+1

Depends on where and how much skin excess you have.

Most MWL patient's can be treated with a lower transverse incision. A midline incision (fleur de lis) is used to address the upper abdominal skin excess. If there is a lot in the upper abdomen you are more likely to need the fleur de lis.

Another consideration is the possibility of an upper body lift to treat excess skin under the breasts and upper flanks.

Many options to consider, so please go to a ABMS certified plastic surgeon who performs A LOT of these operations. 

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

+1

This  decision really demands an in person exam. Photos would help some, and without at least that, the recommendations are guesses based upon inadequate information. 

My such guess based only on knowing the weight loss is that a fleur de lis is the better choice. Please consider posting photos.  All the best.