Lower Body Lift Doctor Recommendation

I am considering lower body lift after gastric bypass done in 1996. Can you suggest a surgeon? This will be a once in a lifetime procedure and I want to get done in 8/09. I also at least need guidelines (I know it depends on MD and locale) when I interview doctors. Thank you!

How Do I Find A Surgeon?

+2
If you have not been given a recommendation by your bariatric surgeon then please go the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find several surgeons in your area. I would also suggest you have more than one consultation and be sure to ask how many of these procedures they do. It is also a good idea to look at before and after photos and ask to speak to one of their patients. Good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Best MD for lower body lift

+2

I would look for a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in caring for patients after weight loss. They should operate in an accredited facility. I personally have my patients stay 1-3 days after their procedures. Your safety is the most important thing. Make sure your doctor puts together a safe and effective operative plan for you.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

How to find a qualified lower bodylift surgeon

+1
I would look for a  board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstructive plastic surgery after massive weight loss.  Weight lost patients are different than patients who have not lost a significant amount of weight. For example, a weight loss patient's skin is more elastic and requires a more aggressive approach. In addition, a weight loss patient's muscle is pliable and has previously been stretched. I believe muscle work and plication is an internal part of the lower body lift.  I would look for a surgeon with a significant amount of experience in lower body lifts.  

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Lower Body Lift Doctor Recommendation

+1

You can never go wrong by contacting the ASPS website and find board certified Plastic Surgeons in your area or the city in which you wish to have your surgery.  At your consultation please ask the surgeon for his experience in this procedure and review photographs of patients.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Finding a Surgeon for your surgery

+1

I don't know if you have already found your surgeon and had your procedure but in case you haven't, I would also suggest that you discuss this with your Bariatric Surgeon to see if he/she has any referrals for you. I would also ask that you visit the American Society of Plastic Surgery website and do some research on surgeon's who have experience with weight loss patients.

Good Luck!

Dr. recommendation in NY

+1

There are plenty of talented plastic surgeons in New York state.  I'd start by finding an ASPS or ASAPS member, and then narrow it down based on their experience with gastric bypass / massive weight loss patients.  Study their before and after photos, and find someone with a caring personality.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Finding the right surgeon for you

+1

I recommend you visit with a American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) member surgeon who is board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Please visit the website for the ASPS to find a surgeon near you.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Lower body lift recommendations

+1

There are many good lower body lift surgeons in NY. You can find board certified plastic surgeons at the ASPS or ASAPS website and go from there.  Check out their results and go for some consults.  Good luck!

Lower Body Lift Surgeon in Los Angeles

+1

I perform lower body lifts in patients who have undergone gastric bypass, lap band surgery, O band surgery, and gastric banding.  Weight loss can cause significant laxity of the skin that can be addressed with well placed incisions and a surgical body lift.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lower body lift

+1

As a plastic surgeon who specializes in post-bariatric plastic surgery, my recoomendation is to go to someone who specializes in this filed and has done many. This field is progressing rapidly and newer techniques have been developed espeically for the post bariatric patient. These include newer techniques for breast lift, breast augmentation with your own tissue, Spiral thigh lift, and buttock reshaping.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS