Lower Body Lift or a Combination of Other Surgery and Treatments?

I’ve had two babies and have had weight fluctuations. For years now, I’ve been eating very healthy, and exercising almost daily, but this is as good as it’s gotten...

The things I hope to accomplish:

• Removal of "saddle bags" and extra fat in abdomen, waist, lower buttocks, hips, and thighs all around.
• Skin tightening in all of these areas resulting in far less cellulite.
• Butt lift with added fullness.
• Tightening of the abdominal muscles resulting in a flatter stomach.

Given this information and the photo (pardon the cutout), which would you suggest?

Thank you so much!

I would suggest...

+3

Dear Mysty:

Congratulations on what you have achieved!

To address your saddlebags, lower buttocks, hips, and thighs, I would suggest liposuction.  This can be done under general anesthesia and can all be done at the same time.  I would then use this fat that had been aspirated from these areas, purify it, and transfer it to the buttock.  This would result in a buttock augmentation using your own fat.

At a separate procedure, I would suggest an abdominoplasty.  Liposuction alone of your abdomen would not result in optimal results and you would be left with a significant amount of excess skin of your abdomen.  I believe the best treatment for your abdomen would be an abdominoplasty and this would certainly allow for tightening of the abdominal muscles from the sternum to the pubic region.  Ideally, your result would be a flat stomach with tighter abdominal muscles.

I would perform the liposuction with the fat transfer first and then the abdominoplasty secondarily.  You would probably need one month between the procedures.  Compression garments would be important for optimal results in contouring. I suggest you take two weeks off from work after your first and second surgeries.

Sincerely,

Dr.J. Timothy Katzen, M.D.

What is a lower body lift?

+1

If you have excess skin and fat around your waist, you may want to consider a lower body lift.  This procedure is also referred to as  circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  The buttock lift can also include buttock augmentation.  The lateral thigh lift will help contour the lateral aspect of your thighs.  The procedure can taken between 5-7 hours depending on the amount of tissue/skin that needs removal/treatment.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Body procedures

+1

It is difficult to say what would be best for you wthout an exam and more photos.  Cellulite often does not change with these procedures and if liposuction is performed it actually can get worse.

Lower Body Lift

+1

Difficult to say without seeing your back pictures.  From your description, I would consider doing a high-definition lower body lift on you.  This procedure involves: a tummy tuck, outer thigh lift, buttock lift, mons lift, buttock augmentation with your own tissue, liposuction as needed, and elevation of the thigh in front.  You can also add a spirla thigh lift to this for a complete lower body correction.  See my link below for before and after photos.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Start with a lower body lift

+1

You look like you would probably best be served by a lower body lift. These can be performed as one operation or as two (extended tummy tuck followed by a buttock lift months later). There are benefits and risks in doing them each way of course.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Lower Body Lift

+1

The picture you provided show very good abdominal skin. But one need to evaluate it more appropriately by a physical exam of the skin, fat and muscle condition and decide what is best for you. possibly a full abdominoplasty and some liposuction. Or, a LIPOABDOMINOPLASTY?

The thighs are your problem, there is a lot of fat and a lot of skin problems. Thighs will need liposuction and a lift procedure

The buttocks if they need volume then the fat removed fro where it is abundant can be transfered to the butoocks.

The timing of each or the combination of these procedures has to be timed to give you the optimum results.

Consult a qualified surgeon

+1

Lower body lift procedures provide some of the most dramatic changes for massive weight loss patients. It is difficult to make suggestions without seeing addition photo views but my first impressions of your situation are as follows. You don't appear to have the degree of skin laxity typically seen in most lower body lift patients. Depending upon what you examination demonstrates, I suspect that an abdominoplasty could be combined with liposuction of the thighs.

Fat obtained from the thighs could be used to augment the buttocks providing better fullness and some degree of lift while avoiding significant visible incisions. I would suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon experienced with these procedures. Try not to go to your consultation with a preconceived plan of what is best. Remain open to suggestions and consider all recommendations. Decide what plan is best for your individual situation. Remember that plastic surgery is as much art as science.

Mitchel Krieger, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

You may be a great candidate for a lower body lift

+1

Hi Mysty,

Without seeing a picture of your buttocks, and without getting the chance to examine the elasticity of your skin, it's difficult to answer this question with complete certainty. That being said, your wishlist of desired improvements would seem to make you an ideal candidate for a lower body lift.

I'd complement your procedure with liposuction of the back, saddle bags and flanks. The back half of the lower body lift would provide a nice buttock lift, with or without buttock augmentation, and an outer thigh lift. The outer thigh lift will help tighten the skin to get rid of the dimpling and loose skin that's evident on your photo. The front half of the lower body lift with tighten your abdominal wall, re-shape your belly button, and allow for removal of your lower abdominal pooch.

If on examination, the elasticity of your thigh skin is better than it appears on your photo, you may be able to get by with an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with liposuction of the back, outer thighs and flanks (hips).

Your best bet is an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Best guess

+1

For starters, I would recommend a tummy tuck with lipo of the outer and possibly inner thighs, based on what I see. I did not see a posterior, quarter, or side view.

I will NOT do any liposuction in the central abdomen (though some might) at time of tt, due to safety concerns, but lipo of the legs and flanks is ok when done in moderation. Remember that the tt is a significant operation.

The back and buttocks areas will not be addressed specifically, however, I do usually get significant improvement in the flanks, and some minimal improvement in the upper buttocks. See provided link.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Lower body lift or combination of other treatments

+1

Mysty,

You have a very nice torso (abdomen, hips, flanks) with what appears to be tight musculature and great skin Liposuction in these areas would serve you very well and flatten your stomach without requiring any form of tummy tuck. Of course, this would be contingent on your actual exam demonstrating good muscle tone. The cellulite is another story. Unfortunately, there is NOTHING that is universally effective in correcting it. You might appreciate some improvement with a circumferential thigh liposucton, but don't ever expect a complete resolution of the condition. Any fat removed with liposuction of the abdomen, hips, thighs, could be transferred by fat injection to your buttocks for a buttock lift (Brazilian).

Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD