Can I Get Lower Body Lift and Butt Implants at Same Time? (photo)

So now that my question was answered on which to do 1st, I feel more in need of working from bottom up but wonder if a lower body lift will fully fix all the excess skin I have to get rid of. Also, I was told I can do a butt implant at the same time but question the healing of the two procedures together and if it will be better to wait? Lastly, my thighs are horrible and wonder will I need a separate thigh lift or will it be corrected with body lift?

Body Lift and butt implants

+3

Once again congrats on the weight loss. Underneath that loose skin is a very nice figure. I will go over again what I believe you can do and in what order.

For this most recent question, I would personally suggest using your own tissue to augment your buttocks at the same time as the LBL. An implant certainly can be done at the sme time but I believe you have more than enough tissue of your own to do this.

Now the order I would do this, understanding that this is what I have been specializing in for the past 13 years and therefore have the experience and staff to do this, would be;

1. LBL with auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips, together with the arms.

2. 3 months later or when recovered well enough Breast lift with possible UBL, which I think will be needed,mainly for the extensive lateral and upper back rolls and medial thigh lift.

Find a Plastic Surgeon who specializes in post bariatric body contouring.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Can I Get Lower Body Lift and Butt Implants at Same Time?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss. First, I would suggest you have a 360 bodylift to get rid of the excess skin and fat of your abdomen, hips, and lower buttock. At a second surgery,I suggest you have a inner thigh lift to get rid of the excess skin and fat of the inner thighs. Your incision would go from the groin to the knee. Typically, when I do a medial thigh lift, I do a significant amount of liposuction. Usually, this fat is thrown away. However, in your case this fat may be perfect to transfer to your buttocks. Fat transfer to the buttock usually results in a very natural appearing buttock. If you want more projection to your buttock, I would suggest buttock implants. I would do the buttock implants during the medial thighlift surgery. I would not do the buttock implants at the same time as the 360 body lift. Inserting buttocks implants and performing a 360 body lift, places too much tension on the posterior incision. There is a moderately high-risk for wound breakdown and a significant risk for buttock implant infection. I do not think it would be wise to combine the two procedures. Your third surgery would be bilateral arm lift (brachioplasty) and a breast lift. Depending on your desired breast size, you may need breast implants. Congratulations on your weight loss. Good luck on your reconstructive plastic surgery journey.

Sincerely,

Dr. Katzen

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Body lift with buttock autoaugmentation (using your own tissue)

+1

Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).  With the buttock augmentation, we can use your excess skin and fat that is nomally thrown away and use it to sculpt and augmentation your buttock volume.  A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.
Dr. Basu
Houston TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Buttock augmentation with body lift

+1

A lower body lift will remove excess skin to tighten the back, buttocks, hips, outer thighs, posterior thighs, and part of the anterior thighs.  A separate procedure is needed to tighten the inner thighs.  With a lower body lift, the excess skin of the lower back can be used to augment the buttocks.  I use this technique with nearly every body lift that I perform, and patients love the idea that their own tissue is being recycled into living buttock implants.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift

+1

Your best  results would be with Flur de lis type of tummy tuck and lower body lift.

Instead of the Buttock implants I would consider Dermis Fat Graft to the buttocks