I Had Lower Blespharoplasty Last Month. My Bags Were Gone Until I Noticed a Little This Morning All of a Sudden. Why?

Swelling

+1

It is too early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not worry about results of surgery  until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recurrent Lower Eyelid Bags ??

+1

When most or all of the eyelid swelling goes down, it is possible to see the full extent of the herniated fat removal. It is not that your lower eyelid bags have reformed, but that some residual fat becomes evident. You need to wait a full three months after surgery to let all swelling completely resolve as have the lower eyelid fat settle as well. What may be apparent now may be self-solving. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Why notice lower eyelid bags one month after surgery?

+1

Two possiblities:

1. The overall swelling has decreased overall, revealing the remaining fat underneath it.

2.  Salty diet or other factors can cause increased swelling of festoons, which is the area at junction of the lower eyelids and cheek.

Consult your surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Return of the eyelid bags

+1
If you ate food which was salt laden (as is most, if not all, restaurant food), you would retain water and it would show up in the eyelids. At this time of year, it could also be allergies or, as noted, when the swelling goes down, any lines may become more obvious.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Eyelid swell very easily

+1

If you awoke with new bags, the problem is most likely a little swelling. Eyelids swell very easily, especially in the first month or two after eyelid surgery. Also, swelling is particularly noticeable in the morning.

Certain things make your eyelid more likely to swell in the morning. One is eating a lot of salt the night before (Chinese food, pizza, popcorn, etc). The other thing is ocular allergies. If your eyes tend to itch, you probably have allergies. If that is the case, it is worth seeing your eye doctor to get advice about eye drops to control your allergies... and swelling.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bags returned after lower id rejuvenation

+1

Hard to say why bags have appeared so early after your blepharoplasty, and perhaps the swelling has settled enough so that you can see the little of what is left of them. You should see improvement, as perfection is hard to acheive.