I Had Lower Blephs 17 Days Ago and Am Worried That These Deep Fold, Line 7 Scars Will Not Disappear? (photo)

Can They Be Corrected? I never had any crows feets or deep line or fold under my eye prior to bleph op and am utterly depressed and frightened when I see this in the mirror. It's so ugly. I saw my surgeon 14 days after the operation and he said, that they were called juvenile folds and there was still some swelling. He also said to wait 3 months but that's the exact time in the contract when he'd need to carry any further surgery free of charge. Will this need further surgery to correct it?

Should be fine

+3

Dear terrified patient: 

I know that healing can be a scary process. However, eyelids tend to heal very well. I would suspect that the line is in part due to a stich that is often placed at the corner to prevent drooping of the lid. The resulting fold from tension should certainly go away. I would not expect you to need any further surgery. Hang in there it will get better soon. 

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worried about scar after Bleph

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

Please just keep in mind that you are still in the early stages of healing. Before you decide on any revision be patient and follow closely with your plastic surgeon and voice any concerns that you may have. I can only speak for myself, but most surgeons will perform a revision free of charge (their surgical fee, not necessarily facility fees) if there is something that needs to be corrected due to something that didn't turn out quite right. So of course you need to check with him, but perhaps you need not worry about that aspect right now!

Best of luck to you.

David Cangello, MD

I think your surgeon is a jackass for having this in his contract.

+2

The problem is that it does not give you time to relax and heal.  Instead it makes you paranoid and forces you to make a premature judgement about how you are healing.  From your photos, there is nothing abnormal about how you are healing.  I don't like incision lines and prefer a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty for this reason.   There will be swelling after surgery.   This can exaggerate the crows feet lines.  Generally one should be very patient before making a decision about revising a surgery.  Unless there is a compelling reason, I think 6 to 12 months is a far better time frame for healing.

Lower Blepharoplasty and Recovery

+2

After reviewing your pictures it appears that you are going through a normal healing period and the prominent line you see from the incision will diminish as well as the swelling you are experiencing.  Be patient and do not worry about the recovery process at this time.

Good luck

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Blephs and Deep Folds

+2

Nothing to worry about at this time!  Just be patient and give it more time.  A contractual period of 3 months is unusual as this is the EXACT time when you would start to know your long term result.  But, as in most cosmetic surgery, one year is the standard completion moment for your results.  But this does not have the appearance of an eyelid in distress.  Be patient and you should sail through this period of time.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon